Saturday

World Pipe Band Championships Results

No surprises from today's
World Pipe Band Championships:

1st Field Marshal Montgomery (Northern Ireland)
2nd Simon Fraser University (Canada)
3rd House of Edgar-Shotts & Dykehead (Scotland)

The top three placed exactly as last year.

The 78th Fraser Highlanders (Canada) placed 4th. They were the first non-Scottish band to win back in 1987.

The Strathclyde Police (Scotland) placed 5th. They were my picks for number one, I was hoping for the upset, oh well.

The LA Scots, I think the only US band in the group placed 11th (out of 14 bands).

I haven't been able to find a whole lot on the Internet in terms of other information about the day's events. I listened to some of the commentary on BBC Scotland and there should be some video posted tomorrow night on BBC. The only interesting thing I did run across was that initially the Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association posted incorrect results on its site.

Pipe on Field Marshal Montgomery, congratulations on a job well done!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=68f7af64104fe11da76f3d4a6a84c2cd ss_blog_claim=68f7af64104fe11da76f3d4a6a84c2cd